What is Sweet Whey Powder (SWP)?
Sweet Whey Powder (SWP) is a product obtained from drying the sweet whey from the cheese production process. The powder is loose and homogeneous. Whey provides a higher nutritional value and texture to food products to which it is applied. In addition, it contributes to the goal of sustainability by making water reuse feasible.
Whey powder has different applications, including the following:
- Ice cream: providing dairy solids and standard formula.
- Dairy products: ingredient providing flavour and sweetness. Offers greater solubility than milk powder.
- Bakery and confectionery: solubility, Maillard reaction in baking giving an attractive golden-brown colour and sweetness to products.
- Sport and nutrition: providing flavour and solubility for formulations, high concentration of sugars for better recovery after intense exercise.
- Biscuits and snacks: base ingredient for functional formulation.
- Cooking: optimisation of sauces and creams.
Our sweet whey powder is available in various formats for industrial use. For all available formats, please contact us.